NYS Issues Updated Guidance for Masks
New York State has published additional guidance on mask and face coverings. The new guidance is consistent with our earlier post, but does not answer all of our questions. Here’s a recap of what we know:
- Consistent with CDC guidance, fully vaccinated individuals are not be required to wear masks
- Businesses are able to require mask wearing for all individuals if they choose
- Businesses are not required to verify vaccination status
- Unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear masks (you can ask, but you can also go by the honor system)
- For indoor settings and settings where the vaccination status of attendees is unknown, the Department of Health recommends individuals continue to wear masks (recommends, does not mandate)
The guidance appears to eliminate the 6-foot physical distancing requirement for vaccinated people, but unvaccinated people still need to be separated by 6-feet or by a physical barrier. Discussions with the State Liquor Authority indicate they should have additional information for us soon. We will update you as soon as we have additional information.