Guidance Released for Catered Events
The State has released guidance for in-person and catered events larger than 50 persons, such as wedding receptions, celebrations, and similar private venue events, such as meetings and conferences, which are permitted as of March 15, 2021. Some of the key provisions are:
- Occupancy must be limited to the lesser of: 50% for a particular area as set by the certificate of occupancy, or 150 people, exclusive of employees and event staff.
- Events between 12:00AM (midnight) and 5:00AM local time are prohibited until further notice.
- Responsible Parties must require and ensure all attendees have received a negative diagnostic test result for COVID-19 or have evidence of completing the COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Parties must provide notice to their local health department of each event they plan to host.
- Attendees must be required to sign-in and provide information for contact tracing purposes.
- Employees and event staff must be tested for COVID-19 through a diagnostic test prior to events.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times
- Face coverings required except when seated at assigned table to eat or drink
- Movement of attendees must be controlled
- Music is permitted subject to distancing and face covering requirements
- Limited dancing is permitted – ceremonial dances allowed with distancing, general dancing permitted within personal “dancing areas or zones.”
Here is a more detailed summary of the new rules and here is the State Department of Health detailed guidance.